- Don't pack books or heavy items in large boxes. They may fall apart under pressure.
- Put heavy items at the bottom of the boxes
- Do not place heavy items with breakable items.
- Pack unused items first.
- Wrap mirrors and wall paintings with blankets and put them in flat boxes.
- Purchase dish boxes to hold your breakable kitchen utensils.
- Keep extra boxes with you so that you do not run out of boxes while packing.
- Name boxes appropriately with a marker
- Have some wardrobe boxes for hanging your expensive clothes.
- Wrap your electronic items with towels or blankets before placing them in boxes. Put extra padding in the boxes.
- Label the cords for electronic items appropriately before packing them.
- Research the closest pharmacy, hospital, gas station, grocery store etc.
- Fill the medicine cabinet with bandages, thermometer, peroxide and other necessary medicines.
- Stock the refrigerator with the items your family requires and enjoys.
- Set out fresh towels, sheets, soap, toilet papers, light bulbs and other items because it will be too difficult to sift through the whole luggage when it arrives. Put a place-in note on each bedroom labeling it such that it matches with the labels on your boxes for the movers to place things correctly. Call Amstar Movers for any moving tips or advice.
Moving is a tiresome job. It requires a lot of planning and effort to move successfully from place to other with all your belongings. In order to help you with this transition, we have put together a list of advices and tips that you can use when you are moving. Have a professional company do the packing for you. In case you want to do it yourself, make sure that you are fully packed before the moving day. Everything other than the furniture should be packed. Especially make sure that all the fragile items and electronic equipments are properly packed. Our movers will bring wardrobe boxes for hanging items in your closets. You can leave your clothes and linens in the drawyers till that time. It's a good idea to leave all the large items like mirrors and pictures of over 4 feet for the professional movers to wrap and secure properly. If you have plants in your house, do not water them 3 days prior to your moving date. Do not carry open liquid items like cartons or milk while you are moving. They can cause damage to other goods. Valuable items should be kept in a safe place. It is best to carry these items with you. Tackle one room at a time and assemble all your packing materials before you start. Place heavier items on the bottom and lighter ones on the top. Make sure to have ample supply of packing materials like tape, plastic bubble wrap, markers, labels, boxes etc. All items with fragile items should be marked accordingly. Make sure that all boxes are closed and sealed properly. You should also use crumpled packing paper in between each layer to ensure snug fit whenever there is a gap. . Not all items require to be packed if you are moving short distance. Items like mirrors and pictures can be transported safely for short distance without any packing. Lamps and lampshades should always be packed. For any questions, queries or suggestions please feel free to call us.
Highly recommended Moving Company
Amstar Movers is a very reputed mover among my acquaintances. So based on their recommendation we hired this company and were lucky that we tried them. They initiated with a good method confirming me over phone at least two days before the move. Actually it was my duty to write something for them when I saw the movers arrived on time and performed very professional service. It's not like that every company follows their promises but this mover was strict on time and words. It seemed there was no chance to be disappointed with this company I would defiantly recommend them highly to all.Sharonn Hardin